- Site: Aguilar de Campo, Palencia – Spain
- Useful floor area: 87.410 m2
- Products: Biscuits, cookies
- Annual production: 102 tn (2011)
- Employees: 800
- Climatic zone: Continental Mediterranean
Founded in Aguilar de Campo (Palencia) in 1892, Gullón is the leading Spanish cookies manufacturer, with an annual production of 102 tn and a turnover of 197.8 million euros in 2011.
Gullón has two production factories in Aguilar de Campo, one of which, located along the Cantabria-plateau highway,inaugurated in 2003, is the largest biscuit factory in Spain.
The process comprises the following steps:
- Storage of raw materials: raw materials for the manufacture of the products are stored in silos and maintained in optimum condition for later use in the manufacture of biscuits.
- Mixing: done automatically, and depending on the needs of each product and the various raw materials to achieve a homogeneous mixture.
- Laminate and cut: Preparation of thin dough and cut product using the same moulds for achieving the final shape of cookies.
- Baking: Cooking and baking of the product by passing through the ove production line and according to the specifications of each type of manufactured product.
- Cooling: Cooling of the product to bring it from the outlet temperature at the furnace exit to an adecuate temperature for its safe packaging.
- Packaging: Product Packaging according the established formats for each product.
- Store the finished product: Product Storage until its sale in the market.